Sunday, November 27, 2011

Performance Day

With working outside the majority's of the classes common mediums, performance day was awkward to say the least. Despite this awkwardness our class managed to handle and embrace performance day. As the presentations continued on it became exciting to see how different everyone revealed the shared stories. I'll admit I didn't really appreciate performance art until watching my classmates' pieces as well as performing my own. Overall the day was very insightful.
For my own piece I dressed like a little girl by putting my hair in pigtails and wearing a light pink shirt. Though these changes were small it helped in building up the performance. In additoin painting my nails a hot pink made the performance more natural and slightly less awkward. I'm actually slightly terrified of public speaking and my voice shakes often/I speak too fast. So my choice of performance worked well because I had room to say a lot of "umms". Practicing ahead of time helped, but I was still nervous during the piece.
One of my favorite pieces from performance day was Melania's and Isabel's pieces. Melania's use of various mediums for her pieces was creative and useful. Also Isabel's interpretation of Liv's story was interesting. The pieces throughout the day were all exciting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment